Fuel filters - TR2/3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel filters - TR2/3
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:29:23 -0400
Hello List:
Just in the process of rehabilitating my gas tank after sitting for 30
years with gas (ugh!) in it.  Got most of the stuff out and having the rest
of the crud cleaned out by a rad/tank shop. When I get the tank back, still
expecting some residue to remain in the tank; can never get all of the
rust, crud out completely.
Wondering about putting 2 inline gas filters in the car; one in front of
the fuel pump, close to the tank, the other just in front of the carbs. Is
there enough flow (gravity) from the tank to the pump to allow the gas to
pass through the filter? Anyone out there have a fuel filter in front of
the fuel pump on a TR2/3? Or is one filter in front of the carbs enough?

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham