Fuel filters - TR2/3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel filters - TR2/3
From: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:09:59 -0600
I put a metal inline filter down by the tank outlet and a clear glass filter
up by the carbs for diagnostic reasons.  This is on a TR250.
Keep the fuel lines from hanging too low and keep them protected by the frame.
Changing the one on the tank may be a bit messy but it keeps my fuel lines
clean.
The glass filter looks good and let's me know if I have fuel to the carbs.

>Wondering about putting 2 inline gas filters in the car; one in front of
>the fuel pump, close to the tank, the other just in front of the carbs. Is
>there enough flow (gravity) from the tank to the pump to allow the gas to
>pass through the filter? Anyone out there have a fuel filter in front of
>the fuel pump on a TR2/3? Or is one filter in front of the carbs enough?
>
>Many thanks,
>Angelo Graham

   E-MAIL ADDRESS:    borgstede@umsl.edu

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                 I  '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I       (or 2 or more)
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I