RE: Fuel filters - TR2/3

To: "'Bob Labuz'" <yellowtr@borg.com>, Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: RE: Fuel filters - TR2/3
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:30:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'd recomend putting a pair of filters, side by side, at the tank's exit
pipe.( there is enough room...) This will give you a significant "dirt
capacity", certainly enough to last a season.  Relying on the sediment bowl
as a water trap is OK, but those little pepper sized rust flakes will be
carried up to the float bowls, where it will choke your Grose Jets faster
than a meatball hero going down Calista Flockhart.
Regards,
Bob Westerdale
59 3A TS36967E

Angelo,

I just did the same thing but didnt use any fuel filters. I depend on the
screen and glass bowl in the fuel pump. It has been about a year and I still
get sediment in the bowl. After every outing, I remove the bowl and screen
and
clean with gummout. So far no sediment has entered and deposited in the
floats.

I have a feeling if you use those fuel filters, that they will get plugged
very
easily and leave you stranded. I would not recommend them but that is up to
you.

The older fuel systems had a little thimble sized filter just before every
float located in the float top. If your system has these old fittings, make
sure you clean them every time you clean your fuel pump screen and bowl.

Good luck,

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V