Warning: Ebay Item #384369922 TRIUMPH PETROL INJECTION SYSTEM TR-5,6 2.

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Warning: Ebay Item #384369922 TRIUMPH PETROL INJECTION SYSTEM TR-5,6 2.5
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:11:37 -0400
Folks,

Having done the conversion from carb to PI with my TR6, I was interested to
see the above item on eBay.  When I looked at the picture, I realized that
the "complete system" is in fact missing 2 vital components:  1) the
PI-type distributor/metering unit pedestal (the metering unit bolts to
this), and 2) the longer double geared distributor/metering unit drive shaft.

These 2 items are required on all PI systems and are integral part of the
PI system - without these 2 items, you will not be able to use, let alone
convert to PI.  Rimmers in the UK has them listed (back order do I
hear????) for $200 + shipping/customs charges.

I have exchanged emails with the seller, Robert Bennett, and he confirms
that these parts are missing - although he also still claims that it is a
complete system????

Tony Gordon
TR6 PI (but not quite running yet ....)