Re: starter motor issues

To: sujit roy <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: starter motor issues
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:34:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I've had this problem with many cars, Chevy, Caddy, Jag, Chrysler.
They're all the same. The solenoid has a burned spot on the contacts. If
it's just mild arcing, you can remove the contacts, clean them up, and
polish them. *IF* they're smooth and clean when you get done, you can
get up to a couple of years more from them. If they're not, go the
exchange route. Contacts that are uneven or still pitted won't last
long, sometime no longer than a couple of days.

--
George Richardson
Wyvern - '57 Triumph TR3, TS15559LT -