Dreaded Bonnet Latch Disconnection

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dreaded Bonnet Latch Disconnection
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:45:04 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
The dreaded bonnet latch syndrome struck my TR6 tonight.  Of course the
spare cable I got about a month ago was still on the shelf because "I hadn't
gotten around to it yet".  Fortunately I had the emergency instructions I
got off the List a while back which involves removing the glove box.  I
followed the instructions, except that I was able to poke thru the firewall
and release the latch without removing the heater hoses and messing up the
interior.  That was the good news.  In all it took about half an hour.
Better than I expected.  But now I'll get around to hooking up a spare cable
before I close the bonnet again!

Jay
74TR6