Re: Dreaded Bonnet Latch Disconnection

To: CC50506@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dreaded Bonnet Latch Disconnection
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 00:26:31 -0600
Cc: 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
I cut about a 8-12 inch piece from an old bike brake cable (use the end
with the little metal knob already molded onto the cable) and threaded
the cable in the same hole as the existing release cable.  Fed the cable
inside the shield through the same hole/grommet that I had drilled
directly into the passenger foot well to run wires from a cruise control
I installed.  It's hidden away and a quick tug on the little metal knob
easily releases the bonnet latch since it's a straight pull.  Oh did I
mention cheap too?  I had a bike cable laying around, but any bike shop
should give you a discarded one.

Bud

--
Click here for Free Video!!