Dreaded Bonnet Latch Disconnection

To: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Subject: Dreaded Bonnet Latch Disconnection
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:59:01 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Jay Snavely"
>The dreaded bonnet latch syndrome struck my TR6 tonight.  Of course the
spare cable I got about a month ago was still on the shelf because "I
hadn't
gotten around to it yet".  Fortunately I had the emergency instructions I
got off the List a while back which involves removing the glove box.  I
followed the instructions, except that I was able to poke thru the firewall
and release the latch without removing the heater hoses and messing up the
interior.  That was the good news.  In all it took about half an hour.
Better than I expected.  But now I'll get around to hooking up a spare
cable
before I close the bonnet again!

Jay
<

Nothing like closing the barn door after the horse got out, eh?  I never
had a problem until I went to install the emergence reserve contingency
hood release cabel.  In the process I left the ferral nut too loose and the
cabel came out and I had to remove the glove box, etc...

Dave (Too soon old, too late smart) Massey