TR-6 Seatbelt replacment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Seatbelt replacment
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:37:10 -0400

....Has anyone found a replacement for the inertia style seatbelts from another
model car or truck?
Thanks, Mitch
74-1/2 TR6

Greetings Mitch:
I saved a message from Aug of last year, posted to this list.  Paul Burr wrote
that he used 1st gen RX-7 seat belts.  He says that even the mounting bolts
matched - actually this is not that surprising since many seat belt attachment
bolts are still SAE threads instead of metric, I believe it had something to do
with FMVSS certification (of the bolts?) years ago.  I have not done this swap
myself and have no other corroborating info.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This message contains information which may be privileged
or confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
NOTIFIED that any dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by calling our office at (905) 669-2888
or by return e-mail at info@decoma.com, Attention:  General Counsel.