Re: To Paint wheel wells or not ?

Subject: Re: To Paint wheel wells or not ?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 00:40:28 -0700
Cc: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pat :

Mine appear to still have the original body color paint (although the
body color has been changed several times <g>).

Undercoat would not be my choice, as I've seen too many cars that
practically dissolved under an apparently sound coat of asphalt
undercoating.  Especially in areas that salt the roads, the salt water
gets trapped between the undercoat and metal, with disastrous results.
Some of the newer epoxy paints might work well, don't know.

If I still lived where rust is a problem, I'd probably use POR-15 or
similar.

Randall
59 TR3A