Re: Seatbelt replacment

To: MS6453@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seatbelt replacment
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:09:25 EDT
In a message dated 07/20/2000 9:08:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
MS6453@aol.com writes:

<< Has anyone found a replacement for the inertia style seatbelts from
another
 model car or truck?
 Thanks, Mitch
 74-1/2 TR6 >>

Mitch,

I'll have to look in my notes but someone posted a seat belt supplier
recently with a web page...you might try doing a search...and they come with
detailed drawings to find one that fits yours.  A variety of colors and
styles too if I remember right.

We discussed this thoroughly on the Spridget page and it was highly suggested
that one never use belts from a salvage yard.  If the vehicle has been in an
accident, belt actually stretch during a collision, to help soften the blow,
and never really return to normal.  And older belts, such as those in my
Midget, are UV attacted, subject to failure in an emergency.

RH