Re: Lucas Sports coil

To: jordan hess von kluck <kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lucas Sports coil
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:15:24 -0400
Jordan,

The sport coil has what is called LUCAR connections. We here in the US call
them something else, what I am not sure. You can purchace these connectors in
any auto supply store, radio shack etc. Take your coil to the store and ask
for the female connector that will fit on the ends of the coil. Some
electrical wiz will know the name of the connector. Remove the old connector
and replace with the new LUCAR type connector.

I heard that you can increase the spark plug gap to get a better spark but not
too sure about that. I always gap as in the manual.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A
1974 T140V