Re: emergency cable release

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: emergency cable release
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 14:39:08 -0400
My friend and I just installed the emergency cable release mechanism
illustrated on Joe Cannons web site on both our cars. We've actually had
them made up for a while and finally got around to putting them in last
Thursday. The feeling we got each time the hood was closed that "this
might be the time the cable breaks" finally sunk in. Mine was on a shelf
in the garage and his was in his glovebox. Would have been tough to
think about that while tearing the car apart trying to get into the
engine compartment, of course in the dark, 2 AM, middle of nowhere, in
the rain, wife has a headache, late for the babysitter, because of a
.................blown fuse!!!!
Aside from making the pieces (by a friend at work) total installation
time was about a half hour, for both cars. This thread comes at a
perfect time as I don't think my pal recalled who it was that came up
with the illustration and we had them made months ago. So, we can now
say THANKS,   JOE....
Feels wonderful knowing a problem is solved, Before it even happens!!!!!

Kevin Thompson
Bob Greene
Cape Cod, Ma
Land of Triumphs and Tourists