Re: A $30,000 resolution to my clutch problems.

Subject: Re: A $30,000 resolution to my clutch problems.
From: "steven@cravetechnology.com" <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:35:19 -0600
Cc: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, VK0216@aol.com
"Paul J. Burr" wrote:

> I thought that BMW is an abbreviation of BIG MONEY WOES. Read the fine print
> of that warranty- you'll probably be required to make regular stops at the
> dealer to keep that deal alive. This usually means $500 "checkups" twice a
> year. Good Luck!

Not as an apologist for BMW*, but I think that my brother's Z3 "included" the
regular maintenance for a few years -- i.e. it was built into the original cost
of the car. I suppose that allows owners to *finance* their expensive
maintenance, more than anything. <g> His Z3 turned into an Audi S4 this year,
and it has the same deal -- "free" maintenance for several years. Free loaner,
too.

I enjoyed that Z3, in fact I borrowed it for a couple weeks when his baby was
born last fall, and it reminded me that I really *needed* a convertible too. Of
course, I knew that what I needed would leak more oil, and I don't have the
stomach for $30K+ all at once. <g>

*Full disclosure: I own a BMW, but mine is nearly 30 years old, so I don't have
to worry about common BMW troubles like computer failure, or the GPS or built-in
phone wigging out when you use the jet thrusters. No warranty, either. <g>

--
Steven Newell
'62 Triumph TR4 (daily driver)