Re: TR3 Body Mounting kit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Body Mounting kit
From: DRSkruffy@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:13:06 EDT
In a message dated 7/25/00 9:26:12 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Gbouff1 writes:

<< "Level" as far as I am concerned is similar to the expression " beauty is
in the eye of the beholder".  Strictly a visual, if it looks level it is
level.  If your frame is not quite true and you adjust the body to the
reference of the frame, the body will be technically level but appear to sag
or look a little off.  Also remember that the rear springs are "handed" (at
least on mine) so the drivers side will sit a little taller than the
passenger side until you sit in the car.

Sounds good. I was of the opinion that you started with a couple pads on each
and added/subtracted as needed until it looked "right."

I have also heard people say they can be used to get the door openings to the
correct width. This makes sense as well.