Re: TR3 Body Mounting kit

Subject: Re: TR3 Body Mounting kit
From: Dennis & Bridget Lambert <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:24:18 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Technically, the springs are not "handed"; the same spring will work for either
side.  Rather, the right spring has a small extra plate installed just under the
axle, on top of the spring.  This effectively lowers the body on the passengers
side by about 1/4"  (I had to think about that for a minute).  I imagine this is
to compensate for the car carrying only the driver for much of its life.

BTW, Pat, each pad is 1/8" thick, so your 1/2" wood block is pretty close to the
maximum 4 pads per outrigger supplied with the body mounting kit from TRF (the
rubber pads will compress just a tad).