Nostalgia

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nostalgia
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:49:39 -0700
Hi Folks,
        I just had to share this with you...in 1957 I married my
Bride AnnaBelle, at the time I was in the US Navy, and had purchased
a new TR-3A, white with two back racing stripes, I raced it
successfully in the Memphis area, actually won all my class (I had
the first disc brakes).  After attending a special Radar School in
Biloxi, Mississippi, we loaded the TR and a small one wheeled trailer
with ALL our belongings. (I have pictures) and set off for San
Francisco via Kansas City, San Diego, Los Angeles. While it was an
"adventure" we had no mechanical problems.  (I did think the CHP was
very polite in telling me that cars with trailers belonged in the
slow lane).
        Forty-Three (43) years later, still married to my First wife,
we purchased a "new" 1957 TR-3A...white, no racing stripes.  Fully
restored, very driveable, ah the waves of nostalgia almost overcome
us...nope that was leaking oil smell  :-)  I have joined the list
recently, and read a few of the horror stories, I must admit our DPO
must be a Distinguished Previous Owner, the little TR-3A is
immaculate and there have been no surprises, other than the fact that
it did NOT have power steering...what was I thinking  :-).  We are
enjoying driving around our Gold Country back roads, and are planning
to take it to Fresno in September for the show.
        So for all you good folks having trials and tribulations, I
say "Press on Regardless"  the ends will justify the means.

Happy Motoring
--
Bill & Skip Pugh
Two@Home