Re: VTR regional wrap-up?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR regional wrap-up?
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:37:14 -0500
Joe and list

I posted this late last week and have not seen it come back so I am
reposting. Apologize if you have seen it already:

Listers

Had not heard much discussion regarding l;ast week's meet so here's my .02
cents.

Drive out - Exciting and a lot of mountains/hills.

Hotel-Nice place. Weather protected parking.

Welcoming party - Nice and I won a shirt with a TR6 on it.

Funkhana-It was fun and I almost pulled my wifes arms off with the rope
part. Not good if you have one of Triumphs that the roof is permanent.

Autocross- Great course led by John Lye. We got 4 attempts. It always
amazes me how those cones seem to be a lot closer when your driving through
them.

History lesson - Got to see Tom Jefferson's place.

Auction-Lasted to around 1AM I heard. Free beer. No Herald 948 dashboards
though. If you owned a 250 you should have been there.

BBQ Dinner - Burgers, Dogs and BBQ and complimentary beer.

Show - Sports 6's outnumber GT-6's(Strange). Beautiful cars especially the
5 TR250's and a certain black Sports 6 from West Virginia.

Awards Banquet - Well done even without the guest speaker.

Drive back - Wet and a lot of mountains

Tip top job by RTR. Thanks Ken, Kevin, John and Dean

Tom Beaver
Indy(Flatlander)