Re: TR4 Snap Studs

To: lbc61tr4@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Snap Studs
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 07:35:46 PDT
>From: Paul Brandsema <lbc61tr4@usa.net>
>To: Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: TR4 Snap Studs
>Date: 28 Jul 00 05:15:02 MDT
>
>I'm trying to figure out where the 2 long snap studs go for the rear
>tonneau
>cover cap molding on a TR4.  According to Moss, there are 14 short and 2
>long.
>  Could someone check and let me know.
>
>Thanks
>
>Paul Brandsema
>61 TR4

     The long snaps serve to not only hold a fastener for the top on
    but also secure the straps that keep the frame for the top inplace
    since two snaps go on these studs they are longer. As to where they
    are located I believe they are the second snap on the right and
    left side of the cockpit surround after the curve. I know that's
    not very clear but the car is at home and I can't give you an exact
    location. At any rate their location should be in line with the
    straps if you are looking forward.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)