Re: TR4 Snap Studs

To: lbc61tr4@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Snap Studs
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:40:51 EDT
In a message dated 28-Jul-00 07:17:44 Eastern Daylight Time, lbc61tr4@usa.net
writes:

> I'm trying to figure out where the 2 long snap studs go for the rear tonneau
>  cover cap molding on a TR4.  According to Moss, there are 14 short and 2
> long.
>   Could someone check and let me know.

Their purpose is to hold the lift-the-dot snaps for each of the 2 straps and
the tonneau cover or top lip.   The other fourteen just hold the lip. The
long ones are placed at number six position on either side of the surround.
That means that there are four short studs between them.  Hope this answers
the question.  If not come back to me.  Cheers.

Art Kelly  "64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)
VTR TR4 vehicle consultant