Lightening flywheel - TR3a

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lightening flywheel - TR3a
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:03:04 -0400
I know I read about this somewhere, but once again I can't find it. I
really thought I had printed it out.

Can someone give me your thoughts on this matter? I have a 30 lb flywheel
sitting here; it seems like it could lose a few pounds (5? 7? 10?) without
significant effect on the idling. So my questions are two:

1. How many pounds can I take off and still have a pretty smooth idling
car, and a flywheel that won't fly apart at speed and remove my ankle?

2. From where should the excess be removed?

TIA,
Jim TS81417