Re: 2 - TR4's at the boneyard boundary="------------E19BC985D38DB2235FB9

To: rgreene@whoi.edu, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 - TR4's at the boneyard boundary="------------E19BC985D38DB2235FB9E5F6"
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 20:39:06 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/00 7:28:20 PM EST, rgreene@whoi.edu writes:

> ...One of the 4's has wire wheels.
>      I can get these wheels at a very low price. Before I do. Is there a
>  way to check these wheels to make sure they are good? Also my intention
>  would be to install them on my 76 TR6. Would the 4 contain everything
>  needed to make this swap?....

Basically, at best it would have everything you need except the wheels. TR4
wheels are a good inch narrower than those of the TR6, and this kind of
downsizing is not recommended. On a car that came to its final resting place
in a boneyard, one can assume that it was quite worn out; that probably
includes the wheels and the splined hubs. And getting them off could be a
major challenge, depending on how neglected the car was while "alive" and how
long it's been sitting there.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register