Re: Brake troubles

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: Brake troubles
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:39:58 -0400
Cc: triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Marty,

I dont know TR6's but sounds like it must be a caliper. You have eliminated
every
other possibility. Could a piston be binding? Something internal be blocked by
crud? If a 6 is like a 3 then a working caliper is an easy and not too expensive
rebuild. New stainless pistons + seals and dust covers and a thorough cleaning
is
worth the effort and investment.

PS. I assume the pads and rotor are not part of the problem, no glazing, worn
pads.

Good Luck

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A