RE: Brake troubles

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <MJSUKEY@cs.com>
Subject: RE: Brake troubles
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:09:21 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I had similar problems with my AH Sprite.  I know, I know apples and
oranges.  Drums vs. Disks, etc.  However, I did all the same things you did.
I was also at my wits end.  What it turned out to be was a bad wheel
cylinder (caliper in your case) on the weak side.  It didn't appear bad,
didn't leak, etc., but somehow, in it's relaxed state let in just enough air
to not allow even (side to side) braking.  I never saw air when I bled it,
because the air was not in the lines but in the wheel cylinder itself and
would flush out on the first "bleed pump"

Try this:
Bleed your brakes yet again.
Immediately drive it.
Brake kinda hard.
If the brakes appear to be even on the first couple brakes (or more even
than before the bleed), I would guess that you have a bad (leaky) caliper.

Hope this helps,
Bill