Stupid car tricks - longish

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, stag@digest.net
Subject: Stupid car tricks - longish
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:54:36 -0400
Just a note to publish my stupidity, and hopefully allow fellow list
members to avoid a potentially dangerous problem.

Last night I decided to take some time for "stress relief" and went into
the garage to work on one of the cars. The Herald had a new fuel pump
waiting to go on and the job should take only 20 minutes.

Just as I finished fitting it, I heard the sound of liquid draining from
under the car. I looked under the car to see gasoline all over the place.
It seems that there is a short section of fuel line, about 4 inches long
that pieces together the metal fuel lines under the car. It is the same
on the TR6 and the Stag. This piece of line decided that it was the right
time to disintegrate and allow gallons of fuel to spill onto the floor.

Now, normally when I break something I just go inside and mope, but with
the car spilling fuel I had no choice but to crawl under the car and stop
the leak. I felt like the little Dutch boy with my finger in the dike (no
comments please) screaming at my wife to come out into the garage and
help out.

I guess the moral of the story is CHANGE OUT THAT DAMN PIECE OF FUEL LINE
BEFORE IT FALLS APART.

It was almost midnight before I had everything fixed.  Some stress
relief.

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida
'73 Stag  *  '66 Herald  *  69 E-Type FHC

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.