Re: Stupid car tricks - longish

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid car tricks - longish
From: "Shawn Mann" <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 00:43:58 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Oh yeah, I know that feeling.  Last spring, while I was removing some
damaged nylon emmissions line from under the rear of my TR6, I gave a yank
that ruptured the adjacent, marginal-condition rubber fuel line link.  It
was slow enough that I was able to put a car-wash bucket under it (the car
was already up on a jackstand) to hold the fort while I ran to the nearby
parts store for replacement.  The real fun began when I swapped the old for
new hose.  Full tank of gas, so I was in no mood to officially drain it.
Ended up covered in gasoline, pretty much head to toe, but I got the new
piece in.

Sorry about your trouble, but it feels good to not feel like I'm the only
one.

Shawn Mann
70 TR6