Re: is it worth it

To: vafred@erols.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: is it worth it
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:27:34 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 00-11-17 15:28:01 EST, vafred@erols.com writes:

<< without these
 beautifull little LBC's we would all be a little less happy each and
 everyday of ours lives, yes the people make this hobby worth while, what the
 heck are you going to do with all your money anyway, enjoy the ride, it's a
 lifetime of happieness. "FT" >>

Fred and List,

Absolutely true...well said Fred.  I have seen {firsthand} the unfortunate
position that not having a "hobby" or "another life" places one in when faced
with an unexpected forced retirement or even an early retirement
offer....regardless of whether the person is well off financially or not.

These little cars and all that surrounds them are, for me, another way of
assuring the preservation of my mental capacities as I get older.....my wife
would agrue that I should have started the preservation efforts sooner:)  But
then, she still can't figure out why I sometimes wander out to the garage
after dinner and sit in front of the completed TR6 chassis and just stare at
it...."What are you doing?", she asks.....I say: "Oh, I'm just
thinking......."

We are blessed....

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (chassis finished - working on body & engine)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (tucked away for a long winter's nap)