Re: Frame Off Restoratio Question TR-6

To: <DSmithTR6@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frame Off Restoratio Question TR-6
From: "Rich Scotti" <Rich@Scotti.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:40:50 -0800
I cut some 1.5 x 1.5 x 1/8 angle to about 4'- 6" length and drilled it to
fit between the bolthole at the lower corner of the dash mount (dash was
already removed) and one of the bolt holes at the flange for the top frame
 I used the bottm one). The body lifted at the wheelwells with ease by four
guys. It was likely less than 125# at each corner with fenders, boot,
bonnet, and doors removed.  You must also remove the shift lever from the
transmission. Disassembly took about 5 hours, lifting took 20 minutes. If
you lget 4 really close friends to lift the body 25" and hold it there you
can roll the frame forward and it passes under the body with no trouble. I
made a rolling dolly for the body out of 2x8 and bolted it up so it now
rolls around the garage. You may want to venture into the archives for more
detail on removing the body.