Re: XKE clutch replacement !!!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: XKE clutch replacement !!!
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 02:37:49 -0700
Cc: Ken and Elizabeth <BethKen@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net, "Dan R." <tr4me@hotmail.com>
Joe Curry wrote:

> Makes me not so concerned about the 15 times I pulled the clutch on my Race
>Spit to get it working right.  I now have it down to a fine
> art (about 20 minutes to pull it out and about 45 minutes to get it back in!

But, still, that's not with an XKE.... <smile> When I worked in a
foreign car garage in the `70s, that was reputed to be the worst job
around (never did one completely by myself then). After listening to the
bitches and moans of someone who had done it on an early Series 1, it
was obvious that the time could be considerably reduced by removing the
bonnet and pulling the engine and transmission together.  Still, a
considerable job, and a considerable expense.

As I've probably mentioned earlier, Triumphs are _easy_ to work on....
<smile>

Cheers.

--

Michael D. Porter