XKE clutch replacement !!!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: XKE clutch replacement !!!
From: "Ken and Elizabeth" <BethKen@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:58:49 -0500
Cc: "Dan R." <tr4me@hotmail.com>
I was just talking to the wife of my Triumph guru mechanic and she mentioned a
woman who wanted the clutch replaced on her XKE. The story blew my mind. She
said that if you replace the clutch the way the manual recommends, it calls
for 70 hours labor (about $4,500 in labor !!!). Bill does it in only 40 hours
(about $2,500) by cutting the frame and lifting off the entire front of the
car !!! Ever heard that? When folks said the jags are expensive to work on,
they weren't kidding

Ken Shapiro
1970 GT6+
KC81872L