RE: TR3A Electrical Problem - Fuel Gauge

To: "'John Edwin Pike'" <toadhall@pnc.com.au>, "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Electrical Problem - Fuel Gauge
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:08:07 -0800
John,

My fuel gauge has been acting similarly for about six months now (ever since
I got the car back on the road).  If you find the cause is not in the
sending unit, the next step may be to adjust/calibrate the zero and span
coils in the gauge.  Someone from the list (seems it was eight or nine
months ago) sent me a simplified procedure on how to accomplish this.  If
you would like a copy of the email describing this procedure, I can probably
dig it up and forward it to you.  I've not done it to my gauge yet, as I
haven't procured a back-up gauge in case I terminally screw up this one.  In
the meantime, the "measuring stick method" for determining fuel level seems
to be working fine.

Dennis