Gearbox bench test

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gearbox bench test
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:24:43 +0000
Hello all and a merry Christmas. A little while back there was a
thread on bench testing a re-built box. I have just finished mine and
would like to carry out this test using my drill attached to the
shaft. Someone brought up the issue of what direction the shaft
should be rotated. Could someone confirm this by telling me when
facing the bellhousing in what direction should the shaft be rotated.
Also how much resistance should be felt when rotating by hand, mine
has  some resistance in the various gears but especially in 3rd, also
selection is a little stiff itself, any guide welcome
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)