Re: Rare TR6

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, dnja.rogers@bigpond.com.au
Subject: Re: Rare TR6
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:41:33 FILETIME=[DF51CC20:01C07023]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Perhaps it is time for a word or two about Wilson Motors.  Perhaps you
>don't recall back in the late 70's Dennis Wilson (now proprietor of Wilson
>Motors) campaigned a TR6 nationwide and was quite competitive.  In 1980 he
>went head-to-head with the then new Porsche 924 factory team and lead
>thruout the race until a thread separation caused him to loose first and
>settle for second.

   Dave, I think Denny wound up in 3rd... I'll have to check the
   videotape, but when the tread went away I think he dropped back a bit
   further... Still ESPN though enough of the effort to interview both
   Denny and his dad about the race.

   I think the funniest part of the ESPN coverage was Mr. `Obbes' ironic
   commentary about how a 20 year-old sports car from a nearly defunct
   company was causing so much trouble for Doc Bundy and the "factory
   effort".

   But hey, I think Triumph has been surprising people for a long
   time... Just ask Hardy Prentice, Jack Wheeler and a host of others
   who over the past years have given a hard time to racers and their
   "modern" cars which are still in production...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)