Re: question re: 1996 Cavalier (non-LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: question re: 1996 Cavalier (non-LBC)
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:09:07 -0500
Dan Buettner wrote:

> They want, however, to sell her a "fuel injection system flush"

There is an injector cleaning kit that involves blocking off the
gas supply, hooking up an aerosol can to the fuel rail and
running the engine off that for 15 minutes or so.  I've seen it
demonstrated a couple of times on one of the Sunday afternoon car
shows on TNN (probably "Shadetree Mechanic").  I don't have any
personal experience, however.  The kit is pretty costly, because
of all the adapters necessary to fit any ol' car that shows up in
the garage.  Still, it's gotta be cheaper than removing them and
cleaning mechanically.

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp. Algorithm (Al-Gore-ith-m, n):
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.     An arithmetic procedure,