Re: 73 GT-6

To: beaver@spillmanco.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, rgreene@whoi.edu teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id eBSGgwE12367
Subject: Re: 73 GT-6
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:42:10 EST
Bob wrote:

>  > Well I bought it! What can the GT-6 experts tell me with only the comm#
>  > DKF20576U?

Tom Beaver replied:

>  Oooh Bob, your car is 105 more than mine(KF 20461U). Not sure about your D.
>  Never have seen that on the front or rear of  a  #.

I mentioned this privately to Bob, but others might find it interesting.
Several years ago, TSSC's Lion Guyot mentioned to me that, on occasion, a "D"
initial prefix letter was used when duplicate commission numbers were
accidentally assigned during production. Perhaps that is the explanation here?

Jonmac, do you know anything about this?

--Andy Mace