Concerning Bushings, Shocks & Springs (GT6+)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Concerning Bushings, Shocks & Springs (GT6+)
From: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:35:03 -0800 (PST)
Hey folks,

Has the list come to a consensus as to who offers the
best quality polyurethane bushing sets for our cars?
I'm about to start redoing them all, as soon as the
chassis is primed and painted.  I'd like to order them
now and would like the best ones for my coin...

Also, regarding shock absorbers--Koni or SPAX, which
gets your vote?  I've run Konis before on other cars
and was generally pleased with them, but I'm open to
alternatives.  That $600 set of shocks from PRI
though, what's up with that?

Finally, any recommendations for spring rates if I'm
looking for a a very firm ride favoring handling over
ride comfort?  Not race spec mind you but at least
halfway there :-)

When forming your recommendations consider that this
GT6+ will have a Spitfire tub and carry a V-6 engine
about 125# lighter than the stock 2.0L I-6.  Target
weight about 1600#

TIA,

Fred Marks
'70 GT6 V6 Conv. Project