re: First Start of the Year - TR6

To: "INTERNET:jay_welch@juno.com" <jay_welch@juno.com>
Subject: re: First Start of the Year - TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:43:38 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:jay_welch@juno.com
>I got a freebie from a guy in April of 2000 that had been sitting in his
yard since 1981.  I heard about it from a third party and didn't really
expect to find a TR6 when I got there. He bought it from a dealer with
every intention of fixing it up but never did get around to it.  Car was
in the mud over the frame.  Took it out of the mud using a flatbed.  Once
the rear wheels freed up from dragging it on the street, I stuck it in
gear and the engine turned.  After I got it home I checked the oil and
sniffed the gas.  Gas didn't really smell dead - he might have added some
prior to me showing up.  Reconnected rotted fuel line at the carbs, a
little starting fluid and had it started in 10 minutes with 60 to 70 lbs
of oil pressure. <snip>
<

Wow!  Hard to top that.  I did start a TR6 that sat unmoved in a garage for
3 years with only a new battery (three year old gas).  The Evap loss
control system on these cars works quite well. The carb seals, on the other
hand...

Dave