First Start of the Year - TR6

To: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: First Start of the Year - TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:59:32 -0500
Message text written by Kevin & Deana Brown
>Fired up my old '74 TR6 autocross car for the first time since last
summer.  First I drained the old gas (by just hooking a piece of fuel
hose on the steel line going in to the carbs and pumping the fuel pump
by hand I was able to syphon it out) and poured in new gas.  I then
pumped the fuel pump by hand to prime the carbs.  While doing this I saw
fuel squirting out the overflow of the rear carb; however, I was able to
fix that by tapping on the side of the float bowel with a hammer.  I
then dropped in a battery and after less than 10 seconds of cranking the
car started and was running great. The brakes, clutch and everything
else seemed to work.<

Big deal!  In November of 1998 I parked my 71 TR6 in a horse barn (ex-horse
barn) with a full tank and pulled the battery lead. In July of 1999 I
reconnected the battery and fired it up and with only an oil change I then
drove it 4,000 miles to Portland Maine and back for the VTR.

These cares are greatly under-rated in terms of reliability.  Enjoy your
drive, that's why they were built.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3