Re: TR6 ring-gear

To: "Triumphs@autox. team. net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 ring-gear
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 22:34:08 -0700
I don't believe the TR4 had much to do with it, they use a different
flywheel (not to mention different almost everything else).  However, I
just checked an apparently original TR6 engine, and sure enough, the
bevel on the ring gear teeth is towards the transmission.  My guess is,
it has something to do with the way the TR6 starter engages the teeth
first, and then starts to turn (where the earlier starters were already
turning before the gears meshed).  Besides, the ring gear would fit
either way ...

Randall