RE: Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?

To: "'Pat'" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 08:30:45 +0100

Paint it! I know this sounds strange, but most Standard-Triumph steering
wheels of this era were painted. I have restored a steering wheel for a
Standard Atlas this way - this wheel is identical to the TR3 item but is
painted Coffee instead of Black. My wheel was badly damaged in many areas,
so once that was repaired with epoxy putty, the spokes were masked and
several coats of Coffee cellulose from an aerosol worked beautifully. You
will have less trouble finding a matching black in aerosol form......
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
 | |                  | |   1961 Herald 1200 Coupe
 |_|                  |_|   1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
Join The Herald Mailing List at: