Spit/GT6 Windshield height & question...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit/GT6 Windshield height & question...
From: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 06:38:32 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I'm reading all this stuff about the windshield
height being different on roundtails & squaretails.
Now I'm wondering if I've got a future problem on the
Spit-GT6.

Someone want to tell me if I'm going to have a problem
using roundtail GT6 doors on a squaretail spitfire
tub?  I've got the doors in storage or I'd stick one
on myself to be sure.  Will the tops of the vent wings
line up with the windshield frame?  How about the
height of the door glass, will it mate up with a
squaretail's hood when closed.

Ugh!  This part I never thought about.  Anyone out
there doing this?  I like the vent wings on the gt6
doors, which is why I was going to use them.  Will I
need to use GT6 Mk III doors?

If so, I'll trade a pair of Spit 1500 doors and three
GT6+ doors for a good pair of GT6 Mk III doors!

Thanks

Fred Marks
Brandon, FL
GT6 V6 Convert project