Factory design documents: Jonmac 100% correct

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Factory design documents: Jonmac 100% correct
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:53:07 -0600
Group:

John Macartney had recently explained that British Motor
Heritage (?) powers that be had ascertained that it would
be dangerous to allow factory or engineering documents
to get into the hands of enthusiasts -- as the organization
could be liable for resultant injuries. And how right they
were! Please learn from my tragic mistakes.... <g>

After reading about the famed Italian design firm Karmann
(shortened from Karmannetti) I found this link --

    http://www.tr6.org/6design.htm

-- which appears to include design documents and photos
of the original Karmann design. So I thought, why not build
myself a TR6 according to these photos and documents?
But I was lucky to escape serious injury when, after following
several of the photos and the drawing on this site, the car
I built wouldn't move. Eventually it fell off the jackstands! I luckily
rolled clear. How was I supposed to know the car would
need wheels and running gear?!? Where's my lawyer's #?

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO