Re: Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?

To: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:28:13 -0600
Pat wrote:

> Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?
> I have my TR3A Steering wheel where as the black plastic rim has faded over
> time.
>
> What can I do to bring it back to a nice dark black ? I don't want to cover
> it...

My PO appeared to have painted an original TR4 steering wheel after he sold the
wood rimmed wheel the car had worn for decades. I don't know what he used, but
in
the hot sun the tonneau leaves an imprint in the paint. I'd be inclined to dye
it
or polish it before I'd paint it -- though personally I would have let it be.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO