Prophetic Tales from the Sales Brocheure

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Prophetic Tales from the Sales Brocheure
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@home.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:21:01 -0400
Hi Guys(and Gals!)

I just received two wonderful color Herald 1200 sales brochures. Looking
through them, I was amused to find the following prophecy..."If you're looking
for a vintage car in A.D. 2000, be prepared for a glut of limousines and
Heralds"  Seems to me they were right...At least in some regions...Wish there
were more Heralds in my neck of the woods... :)

For those who are into the British tag numbering scheme, many of the cars in
these two brochures have tags on them, other than the generic "NEW 1200" For
your enjoyment, I am listing them here, with the model and color as seen in
the booklet. I have no idea as to the authenticity of the numbers, for all I
know they were just made up and thrown on the cars. But maybe they were
registered...All are silver on black tags. Appear to have been switched around
at times

8017 WK     Dk. & Lt Green 1964 Saloon
2413 KV      White  1963/earlier Saloon
3138 KV      White Saloon(Also seen on 1964 white Convertible)
6208 VC      Light Green 1964 Estate
989 XMX      Light Blue & white 1964 or earlier coupe
6091 KV      Saloon, light color, in B/W shot

As I mentioned, I have no idea of the authenticity of the above numbers, just
that they appeared in the brochure on different cars. The fact that "3138 KV"
appears on to different models makes me wonder... But, I thought you would
enjoy them, those who are interested in the license plates.

More later, and I will try to post copies of the brochures on my Herald
website soon.

Scott
64 Herald/Sports 1200 Convertible
http://www.homestead.com/herald1200/