Output Flange Spline Counts?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Output Flange Spline Counts?
From: "Don Clark" <d@seanet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:26:44 -0700
If it isn't one thing it's another. Earlier this week it was poor fitting
gearbox covers, last weekend it was an adapter that didn't arrive. Now its
the output flange.

Tonight I got to the point in installing a J-Type Overdrive in my 1972 TR6
that I needed to install my old output flange onto the new transmission.
Unfortunately I'm stuck again because the flange that I have doesn't have
the same spline count as the mainshaft on the new transmission.

The output shaft on the overdrive that I purchased from BPNW has 25 splines,
the output shaft (and flange) on my old transmission has 10 splines. Can
someone help me identify what Triumph output flange has 25 splines? Both the
Rimmer's and TRF catalog don't specify a spline count. I didn't see anything
in the archives on this subject either.

Since I will have it shipped overnight when I find it, I want to get the
correct flange the first time. Or if anyone in the greater Seattle area has
a flange with 25 splines, I would love to talk with you.

Thanks,
Don Clark
Seattle, WA