TR4 Carpet ( was Re: Bad Carpet)

To: DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us, ArthurK101@aol.com, lbc61tr4@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Carpet ( was Re: Bad Carpet)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 15:47:00 EDT
Cc: smparker@tycoelectronics.com, TRF@aol.com
In a message dated 06-Apr-01 18:05:37 Eastern Daylight Time,
DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us writes:

> Maybe I'm just confused as to whether we're tlking about the carpet piece
> being bound around the cutout for the shift lever or at the outisde edges.
> ??????

Understand.  I was zeroing in on the circular hole through which the shift
lever protrudes.

However I am certain the back outside edge was not bound from the factory.
Reason is that it goes under the other piece that covers the tranny tunnel.
I'm not 100% sure about the bottom side edges.  The original factory config
was that there was no carpeting on the floor of the footwells in front of the
seats.  I don't recall whether the shift lever piece went under the rubber
mats or not.  But I'll bet that if it did then it would not have been bound.

The rugs I bought from TRF in '92 are bound only around the shift lever and
where the front of the carpet meets the facsia support bracket.  The other
edges are not bound but you can't see that once it is installed since the
other carpeting hides the unbound edges.  Just a note, if the edges are bound
they will cause a bump in the carpet that covers them.

Arty Kelly '64 TR4  CT 33118L (original owner/factory pickup)