Re: lucas new one

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lucas new one
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:40:03 +0100
Hi Geo
I don't think it has anything to do with your connections under the dash. I
had the similar thing happen to me a while back. I replaced the alternator
and the problem was cured, I think it was a bad diode pack there also. My
partner looked out the bedroom window at about midnight and could see the
red light glowing so I ended up outside at midnight taking the plug out of
the alternator.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.

| been
| working correctly, i was under the steering column pushing together
| connections in the flasher system...got that working when this happens.
any