question for US listers

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: question for US listers
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:41:07 -0400
After reading many issues of "Triumph World," which is aimed at
the home market, I eventually noticed that the RHD models
generally do not have side marker lights.  Apparently, they're
there on US-bound cars because of a DOT requirement.

So, OK, federal law required the mfr. to stick on side lights at
each corner.  But does anyone know what the regs actually say?
I'm thinking, maybe they forgot to requre *me* to keep them on.
Heh heh.
--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,