POR15 and epoxy primer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: POR15 and epoxy primer
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:46:37 -0400 (EDT)
a) I know this subject has had a lot of airplay but I don't recall anyone
commenting on this particular aspect: will epoxy primer stick to a layer of
POR15? This may sound like a weird idea but I do have a reason - I expect to be
cleaning up my frame in stages, and I don't want to leave bare parts exposed to
the humid air for long, so want to put something on right away. Plus, I have
heard many positive things about epoxy primer and imagine it's good and tough
protection from things like spraying gravel.

b) Another thought: is there a reason to paint over epoxy primer, besides
cosmetics?
Thanks,
Jim
PS If you suspect that I know nothing about paint, you would be right about
that.