Skid plate again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Skid plate again
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 21:42:58 -0400
Carl Musson wrote:
"Michael Porter (of the list) has created a .pdf of a large number of
Service Bulletins. Through the generosity of Dan Buettner (also of the
list), you can access those files at
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/bulletins.html.
The specs for the skid plate can be found in July, 1954 No. SPORTS/1/J
(ftp://ftp.thelittlemacshop.com/1954bul.pdf) on pages 63-65."

Excellent stuff in there! I ended up downloading and printing a bunch of
it. But anyway now having studied the drawings for the skid plate I am
pretty sure I see a discrepancy in the dimensions.
Depending which way you add up the numbers, the overall plate I need to cut
is either 16.20 or 15.64" deep (front to back direction) by 18.26" wide.
To hopefully clarify further: the distance between the cut-out corners and
the bend is shown in one place as 8.69". On the same page you can also add
up the separate dimensions (which I always thought was a no-no) to get  0.5
+ 3 + 3 + 1.63 = 8.13".
Now when I go out and look at the frame of the car, the width looks fine,
but using either of 8.13 or 8.69" looks too big, unless I lose the "angle
iron" piece that is presently in place immediately below the rad. Then, it
looks like the triangular support pieces on the skid plate could interfere
with the bottom tank of the radiator.
Clear as mud? OK, so if anyone could shed some opacity...
-anybody out there actually have a skid plate on their car?
-did the frame under the rad change at all between the TR2 and TR3?
-I am not a draughtsman; am I just misinterpreting the drawings?

Thanks,
Jim Wallace
3a 2TS81417L